The R2 Trustee shall act as liaison to Region 2 for the World Service Board of Trustees, and may have a voice at Board Meetings.
(The R2 Trustee's duties and responsibilities are specified by the World Service Bylaws Subpart B., Article IX, Section 2 and the World Service Trustee’s Board Reference Manual.)
The R2 nominees for the position of Trustee will be selected at the last assembly of the calendar year from members of OA within R2 who meet the requirements set forth by the World Service Bylaws and R2.
A. Region 2 requires, in addition:
- Working knowledge and understanding of the Twelve Traditions as they apply to OA;
- An awareness of the possible time and expense involved in service as a Trustee.
- Attendance as a Regional Representative to at least two Regional Assemblies.
B. Persons wishing to be nominated must obtain an application form from the World Service Office.
- All completed applications must be sent to the R2 Secretary, postmarked no later than midnight, at least sixty (60) days prior to the assembly at which nominations/affirmations are to take place.
- Copies of all applications which meet all requirements shall be submitted to each Intergroup, Unaffiliated Group, and all members of the voting body of the R2 Assembly, along with notification of the assembly at which nominations/affirmations are to take place.
C. Individuals must be present at the assembly at which their application is to be considered and be prepared to respond to questions regarding their qualifications.
D. Vote for Trustee nominee(s) shall be by secret ballot or, providing there are no objections from the floor, by voice vote if there is only one candidate.
E. Nomination and Selection of R2 Trustee:
- When voting by ballot, the names of applicants wishing to be nominated for R2 Trustee shall be listed on the ballot. Each RR and voting Board member will be given a ballot and will vote for three (3) nominees only.
- The names of each of the three (3) people receiving the highest number of votes who also receive a majority of the votes shall be forwarded to the World Service Office of OA within one (1) week.
- In the event that there are no applications for region trustee submitted for consideration at the fall assembly, as required in item B, #1, above, or when a vacancy occurs where there is no region assembly prior to the deadline date specified for submission of nominations to the World Service office, nominee(s) may be selected by the following process:
- The R2 Board will solicit applications from OA members within Region 2 by posting a notice on the R2 website, sending notifications via emails to RRs who attended the previous two assemblies, mailing and or emailing notice to R2 Intergroups, and other methods determined by the R2 Board.
- All requirements for applicants set by the World Service bylaws must be met prior to consideration of such applications(s) by the R2 Board.
- A majority vote of the R2 Board will constitute affirmation of the application.
- Notification of the R2 Board’s nominee affirmation(s) will be posted on the R2 website.The R2 Trustee will be elected at the World Service Business Conference, as stated in the World Service Bylaws.
The R2 Trustee will be elected at the World Service Business Conference, as stated in the World Service Bylaws.
F. Affirmation and Selection of General Service Trustee:
- When voting by ballot, the names of applicants requesting affirmation of their application for GST shall be listed on the ballot. Each RR and voting Board member will be given a ballot and may vote to affirm as many nominees as they feel appropriate.
- The names of the nominees receiving a majority of the vote for affirmation shall be forwarded to the World Service Office of OA within one (1) week. GST elections take place at the World Service Business Conference as stated in the World Service Bylaws.