Diversity Statement of Purpose
The First Tradition states: “Our common welfare should come first; personal recovery depends upon OA unity.” In keeping with
that tradition, the purpose of the First Tradition Committee is:
- to support and encourage full participation of every OA member within Region 2,
- to recognize and accept the many different concepts of working the OA program of recovery;
- to encourage groups and Intergroups within Region 2 to be similarly accepting;
- to provide strategies and resources to assist groups and Intergroups in participating at the regional level.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Facilitate ways to create and maintain unity within Region 2.
- Provide guidance and support to R2 groups and Intergroups in sharing successful approaches to the OA program of recovery.
- Create and encourage new lines of communication between geographic areas within the Region.
- Development and maintain room share network for R2 Assemblies.
- Communicate with the R2 Board through the Board Liaison.