Intergroup Outreach Statement of Purpose
The purpose of the Intergroup Formation/Outreach Committee is:
- to reach out to struggling Intergroups;
- to encourage unaffiliated groups in one geographic locale to form an Intergroup or join an existing one;
- to assist groups in forming an Intergroup; and,
- to encourage intergroups to participate in Region 2.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive updated intergroup listings from R2 Board.
- Receive copies of unaffiliated group registration forms from R2 Board/WSO and respond appropriately.
- Locate nearest intergroup and note on group registration form, including intergroup name, address and telephone.
- Respond to new unaffiliated groups as follows:
- Encourage those groups located near an existing Intergroup to join that Intergroup. If improper paperwork is the problem, ask the group
to resubmit proper group registration forms.
- Encourage groups located more than 50 miles from an intergroup to join distant Intergroup or form a new Intergroup together with nearby
- Enlighten unaffiliated groups about their status.
- Reach out and communicate with struggling and/or newly formed Intergroups.
- Work within the budget assigned by R2.
- Communicate with the R2 Board through the Board Liaison.